Friday, August 13, 2010

August 13th 2010 - Semi-lucid dream.


This dream had a long sense of time for such a short nap ~1h of sleep = ~7h of dream time. I have had a couple nights of no sleep because I am back working and will be very busy focusing on projects so if I have a dream, I will record and blog but not much more after that. If you are new to the Blog, you will want to read a few articles to orientate you with my material.


Articles:
Lucid Dreaming Techniques | LDE 55 Interview | Time in Dreams | Shared Dreaming | Precognitive Dreaming


August 13, 2010
Another night of restless sleep but did manage to have one dream that made up for all the lost time.

This was another very long dream, when I woke up I felt like I had been sleeping for hours and hours. I was worried that I had slept in but in fact I was probably only asleep for 35-40 minutes.

The dream started off lucid, as I turned the hypnogogic imagery into a nice sports car using a simple technique of integrating the three main senses, sight, sound and touch to facilitate the transition from being a rough ride of hypnogigia to a pleasant drive in a wicked sports car. As I was falling asleep and thinking about the car, the car slowly started to form. The more I organized the visual, audible and tactile thoughts, I could then touch the steering wheel and turn it. See through the windshield and see a road, trees and a blue sky. I could hear my hand tap the steering wheel. It became fully tactile and active and so I turned the car on, but when I hit the gas, it felt like I stretched my head in a very cartoony way for almost 100 feet, as if a part of my linear-logic was still focused in the small grey matter area of my brain not allowing itself to come along and the stretch pulled us apart and I was now passively dreaming, unaware I was in a dream. Damn!

The plot of this dream involved me staying with a group of people who were like family sharing a large house. One of the obvious symbolic twists in the dream was we went shopping for groceries and bought a midget for dinner. An actual male midget who was kind of slow and uncertain why we were putting him in our shopping cart. I reasoned it was a cultural thing so I should not offend them by speaking up about it.

The family I was with were talking about how great he was going to be for dinner and as I was obviously not fully lucid, the critical thinking needed to trigger a reality-check had yet surfaced. It was however starting the chain of inquisition that would lead to lucid moments in the dream. We drove home and I put the midget in a crib and was still uncertain as to why the heck anyone would want to eat a midget.

I went for a walk with the family and we walked by a park and were just idly chit-chatting. We stopped at a playground and their kids played. I sat on the grass. We finished after a while and walked back to the house. Now it was getting time for dinner and this was building up a lot of anxiety for me about eating their strange dish. They asked me to clean the midget, so I gave him a shower and this is where lucidity started to save me from what could potentially have been a really disturbing dream had I not intervened with logic and reason.

I look at this poor guy, he has all the signs of dwarfism with slightly malformed hands and a tiny body. "Why are you guys keeping me here? Are you kidnappers?", he asks me.

I look at him and think, "There is no friggen way I am going to eat a person. There is no friggen way these people are going to eat this person!". I feel a huge wave of compassion and love surface in turn I decided to put an end to this madness. "It's worse then kidnapping, these people want to eat you, but I am not going to let them.", I tell him.

I get him dressed and pick him up and carry him over to the people, "This guy is an orphan, he needs a family. Will you adopt him?" I ask.

They look at me and are then moved by the fact he's an orphan and start talking about adoption. He is all happy that he is going to have a family and the dream has a happy ending. Especially for me, I didn't get to eat midget. Yuck.

We went to a computer later on after we made a midget-free dinner and everyone ate. I am now friends with this guy and he really likes me. On the computer screen I am finding out that "Jim Carrey" is very interested in my dream research. The article I am reading describes him as being fascinated and intrigued by lucid dreaming.

On the blog there are user comments and some where posting pictures of geometrical platonic solids and other geometric 2D patterns. There was a really nice drawing of a video-game warrior in armor, very detailed and professionally drawn. The comments were all very interesting and were talking all sorts of theory related to how dreams use geometric matrices to create a digital mind-generated reality.

Then I start realizing I must also be dreaming, uncertain the dream shifts along with my new introduction of logic and I am now with Jim Carrey and we are talking about dreams. I am becoming more lucid and he looks aged, not as young as he is in his movies. He shakes my hand and is very genuine about how amazed he is by dreams and what I have written.

"This is really amazing that you can dream like that. It's like having your own movie set, film-crew and production team, the whole time you are writing the script, directing the action and living as the star.", he is very impressed.

Now I am lucid and looking at him, I look around at the dream and decide to just go with the flow, "It is nature's Hollywood. One of the most amazing virtual reality simulators known to man." I tell him.

He starts asking me about lucid precognitive dreaming and I tell him, "It's a very similar state to any other dream you might have, except the lucid quality and the precognitive quality may not be apparent during the dream, however is relevant when the dream actualizes."

"So you can be awake in a dream, know you are dreaming and then the dream can come true?", he asks.

"Yes, it is exactly like that. However there is really no way to know if it can come true until it does come true which is why the paradox of precognition is so anomalous and random.", I explain.

He tells me that he has had dreams come true, and that is why my work fascinates him. I tell him many people claim to have had dreams come true and it really introduces a wedge in how we view causality.

I don't get much more time to chat about dreams, while in a lucid dream with a dream character in the form of Jim Carrey, and I wake up.

This is when I panic that I slept in... only an hour had passed.

Time-To-Bed: 6:12am
Time-Awake: 7:30am
Time-To-Sleep: ~20m
Total Time Slept: ~58m
Total Estimated time: 1 waking day ~7hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment