Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another Extended Time Dream Example.

In my continuing effort to try to induce an epic dream like in Inception where dream time is greater then the time it takes to sleep. Read my article entitled, "Dreaming a 'Century of Time' During one Night of Sleep." to see that this has some facts and is not just movie fiction. Today's dream managed to yield in 30 minutes of sleep about 1h 35m of extra time.

Lucid Dream – July 27, 2010


Time To Bed: 5:00am
Time When Awoken: 5:40am
Time required to fall asleep: ~10 minutes.

The Techniques

This is the WBTB method using MILD to prepare myself to have a lucid dream. My intent is to cultivate extra time; possibly share a dream and be fully awake and aware during the process.

I set aside the following concepts: Ego, Fear, Expectations, Sexual Desires and lesser desires, belief in time, belief in physical body, belief in physical law leaving all of these concepts with physical systems so that while in the dream state only the raw experience can go as unfiltered as possible.

The intent was to be lucid and aware, have full memory and extend time; open up to any mutual dreaming possibilities.

The process of falling asleep.
I was progressing naturally through sleep, but the little baby sleeping next to me kept kicking so I ended up having to use a technique where I let go of all focus and drop into fast sleep. It's not the best for lucid dreaming because I skip into unfocused sleep and have to WILD in the dream.

The Lucid Dream
The dream starts and I am driving in a car with my wife. I see all this couch foam on the road and begin to get angry because I knew we had a couch thrown out on the road.

We stop by our house and the garbage is everywhere. There is a stack of couch foam that has been ripped up by animals and the wind blew the foam everywhere. On top of that mess, it had rained so the foam was all wet and soggy.

My wife and I get out to clean it up. My mom is there, she may have been in the car. There are trees on the front yard and as I bend over to pick up garbage I get a twig in my eye. It scratches and hurts really bad. I grab my eye with my hand and start to cry like a baby to my Mom who I explain I was just poked in the eye with a twig.

“What happened?”, she asked.

“I was getting garbage and turn around and a twig caught my eye.”, I cry.

“Are you ok?”, she asks.

“Yeah, it just feels like a light scratch but it hurts.”, I complain.

She talks about it with my wife.

I stand there angry and waiting for the pain to subside. My eye is tearing up and I finally open it. By this time some kids from our house came out and I told them to help us clean. They start gathering debris. My brother is there and he tells me, “Why are you getting all the kids to clean up the garbage?”

“Because there is nine of them and one of me. I am sure they will help get it done quicker.”, I reply.

“Sure maybe your kid, but do you think it's fair to ask all of his friends”, he replies

*Just a note, he was actually talking about his Son and his son's friend but the dream was kind of inverted on that detail

“No, they're kids and like to help out, look at them.”, I say as I point and go inside the house.

I walk into the TV room, this is clearly my brother's house. I recognize his leather couches in the downstairs. I see Hangover 2 being advertised as a commercial on TV. In the scene, there is Alan, the Dentist (Stu) and Teacher(Phil) no groom (Doug). It's funny what I see and I am excited that there is a sequel. In the scene the dentist is says something like, “I hate my ex, she was such a bitch.”

It was like they were in some storm sewer or dirty prison and just feeling defeated. The place look dark and damp, not a clean place to be.

I go to the bathroom. Walk to a door that has a nail-file jammed in the door-jam. It falls when I open the door and I realize that someone doesn't want us using this bathroom. A lady I don't know asks me if I am done with it and I tell her that it's not to be used.

I walk to another Bathroom and it has a really crazy toilet. The toilet is like a wide mouth of flowing water with brick and tile. It is built into the floor and flows like a waterfall downward to a large open chamber... then slower down a 3 foot channel to wide sewer area. You could literally walk down this entire contraption that descended into the floor.

I take a pee and watch it flow into the 1x1 brick first layer, then stain the water yellow and flow into the second chamber. The second area has turkey feathers that seem as if a wild animal had killed it in that area. I wonder how that is even possible and who would construct such an elaborate toilet.
In the large area I start to see animals. A large Turtles surfaces and climbs over a rock and dives back in this mucky water. The water had leaves and all sorts of garbage on the surface. I notice there are also beavers swimming, fish and even bears.

While watching the animals, they start to notice me, this really large turtle swims up and crawls onto this ledge. It looks up to me with it's mouth slightly open as if smiling. Other animals like the beaver and even a fish swim up to look at me.

There is a small bear that looks at me and I decide to yell really loud with a growl to startle the bear. What I didn't notice was a large white grizzle bear that was eating a fish. It hears me growl and starts to charge up the channel.

I run in fear out of the bathroom closing the door. In the hallway I open a closet and grab a broom. I turn around and take a defensive stance holding the broom handle out in front of me. The bear doesn't come out and I relax and walk back to the tv room.

My mom is there and we talk about the new Hangover movie and I come to a realization that I am in New York and that I really need to walk around and be part of the city. I decide to go on my own.

I leave the house and travel by train to Grand Central Station. I walk out onto the street.
People are all wearing crazy outfits in groups. But man do they look amazing with makeup. It's almost like circus du soleil. One group is wearing white outfits with black circles and a round circular hat. They have face masks. Everywhere I look there are themed outfits that really strike me as being similar to the circus du soleil.

I walk just entranced by Time Square and all these amazing people in outfits. Some look at me as I pass by. I am wearing an I love New York t-shirt and feel embarrassed about it. I think I must look like a tourist.

I walk past the Late Night building. Think it would be amazing to share a dream with David Letterman. I think he probably wouldn't get it though and move on.

I walk by a diner and I see Frankie Muniz, from Malcom in the Middle sitting in a booth. I want to go talk to him but don't want to disturb him. I want to ask him about dreams but think of all the harassment celebrities get and don't want to be a pest. It's not unusual for me to see a celebrity and just look and move on.

I continue to walk on the street and it starts to rain. I feel the rain and start to get wet. I don't have a jacket or umbrella. I start wishing that I had both.

There are three Islamic teens walking behind me, they pass by talking in Arabic. I don't understand what they say but I recognize the language. One looks at me with disgust and anger. I just hope they leave me alone. The do and pass on by.

I wander aimlessly outside of the city into a suburb. I've been walking for at least 20 minutes before I stop and start to realize that I am dreaming. I realize that walking is no way to tour New York, so I start to fly.

I get up a good 300 feet but have a problem with my horizontal thrust; the vertical is working great but something is preventing the vertical. I get this advice via a voice in my head, and it seems like the source was Tom Campbell saying that I am focusing on too much and need to let go and just flow naturally.

I do and then I start to fly horizontally over the city. I do admit I was over thinking and analyzing the situation and was in partial conflict over being able to fly. Once I resolved this issue I was able to enjoy a spectacular birds eye view of New York and started to fly back to and over the city.

The aerial view is amazing, the detail is exquisite. It's day time and I see people like ants walking about, cars driving and you'd think you were really there in an air plane except you are not; you are in a dream with amazing vivid realism and detail.

I land near the NBC building and 5th avenue. I wish that I could do this in real life, that it would be awesome to just fly and travel freely around the world like this. It's a real gift.

The I lift off again and fly. For some reason I loose lucid focus and become a super-hero who basically enforces traffic violations. It's really silly because I fly to cars for such silly crimes as Tail gating and talking on a Cell phone. I must be one of the most useless Super-Hero's New York has to offer. And I'm not nice about it either, I use my flight to smash into the person with a kick.

Finally I get a criminal worth pulling over, a drunk driver. I fly and do a swooping double-kick on him, he bends backwards into his chair and is not very happy about being kicked like that.

I lift up his car and push it onto a sidewalk near a market that has it's wares also on the street. There is a police station near by and I see it. I whistle at the cops to come.

About 6 cops show up and it's really funny how they act. One office has a bottle of aquafresh (or some other cologne) and he sprays it in my mouth. Then he pulls out another one that is basically beer smelling alcohol and sprays it all over the driver.

They arrest him I leave. I Walk into a building with my iPhone, looking at myself in the iPhone camera. I am controlling my super-powers through my iPhone setting flight and other powers.
Walk back outside into New York and walk around some more looking for crimes.

Then wake-up.


Time Estimations:

Total estimated time:
Garbage Cleanup: 10m
Hangover 2 and Bathroom: 15m
Train to New York: (was in fast forward) 5m
Walk until Diner: 10m
At diner: 5m
Walk after Diner: 20m
Flying around: 10m
Crime Fighting: 20m
Total Estimated Time: 1h 35m
Time Sleeping: 30m
Time Gained: 1h 5m

Some people were asking how I manage to log so much detail. One of my journal techniques is to quickly write down key words and phrases to help dream recall; this helps me create triggers that remind me of detail as the dream fades. Here is a log of how I start my dream in key-word point form then return and provide greater detail.

The Lucid Dream
Driving on a street
See debris on road
Garbage.
Wife is with me.
Have to pick it up.
Mom is there.
Get twig in eye.
Cry like baby.
Get kids to help; there are about 9 there.
Go in house.
See Hangover 2 being advertised as a commercial on TV.
Only see Alan, the Dentist and Teacher no groom (Dave)?. It's funny what I see and I am excited that there is a sequel.
Go to the bathroom.
Open door that is not to be opened.
Close it and find another bathroom.
The bathroom has a really crazy toilet. The toilet is like a wide mouth of flowing water with brick and tile. It is built into the floor and flows like a waterfall downward to a large open chamber... then
slower down to wide sewer, you could literally walk down.
Turkey feathers are in the second layer.
In the large area I see animals: Large Turtles, Beavers and bears.
I anger a bear eating a fish, it is white.
I run in fear and grab a broom.
The bear doesn't come out and I relax and walk back to the tv room.
I come to a realization that I am in New York and that I really need to walk around and be part of the city.
I leave the house and travel by train to Grand Central Station.
Walk out onto the street.
People are all wearing crazy outfits in groups. But man do they look amazing with makeup. It's almost like circus du soleil.
I walk just entranced by Time Square and all these amazing people in outfits.
I am wearing an I love New York shirt.
Walk past the Late Night building. Think it would be amazing to share a dream with David Letterman.
I think he probably wouldn't get it though and move on.
I walk by a diner and I see the guy (need to lookup) from Malcom in the Middle sitting down in a booth.
I want to go talk to him but don't want to disturb him. I want to ask him about dreams but think of all the harrassment celebrities get and don't want to be a pest.
Walk on the street and it starts to rain.
I feel the rain and start to get wet. I don't have a jacket or umbrella.
I start wishing that I had both.
There are three Islamic teens walking behind me, they pass by talking in Arabic.
I don't understand what they say but I recognise the language.
One looks at me with disgust and anger. I just hope they leave me alone.
I wander aimlessly outside of the city into a suburb.
Then I start to realize that I am dreaming. I realize that this is no way to tour New York, so I start to fly.

I get up a good 300 feet but have a problem with my horizontal thrust; the vertical is working great but something is preventing the vertical.
I get this advice, and it seems like the source was Tom Campbell saying that I am focusing on too much and need to let go and just naturally flow.
I do and then I start to fly horizontally over the city.
The aerial view is amazing, the detail is exquisite. I
I land near the NBC building and 5th avenue.
The I lift off again and fly.
For some reason I loose lucid focus and become a super-hero who basically enforces traffic violations.
Tail gating
Cell phone.
Drunk Driver
Police office.
About 6 cops.
Aquafresh in my mouth.
Alchohol spilled on the driver.
They arrest him I leave.
Walk into a building with my iPhone, looking at myself in the iPhone camera. I am controlling my super-powers through my iPhone setting flight and other powers.
Walk back outside into New York and walk around some more looking for crimes
Then wake-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment